Information for tenants

Renting With Harcourts

When you rent a home in NSW and become a ‘renter’ or a ‘tenant’, knowing your rights and responsibilities will help you avoid or resolve differences you may have with your landlord, real estate agent, house-mates or neighbours. The Office of Fair Trading manages the laws that govern your rights and responsibilities as a renter and can give you information to help you understand what these laws mean for you. See more below:

Important Documents

Moving In and During Tenancy

Vacating Your Tenancy

Harcourts' Vacating Guidelines

Cleaning Checklist

Please Note

— Tenancy applications cannot be submitted to our office without first viewing the property.
— Applications cannot be submitted at the viewed property. They must be presented at the office along with copies of the required documents (Our office is not responsible for creating photocopies of your documents).

Repair Request

The form below is for a Harcourts tenant to lodge a repair with their Property Manager. Please fill this in and your Property Manager will contact you. If the repair is URGENT (i.e. no hot water or electricity), contact our office on (02) 4628 7444 to ensure that the issue is attended to as soon as possible.

After Hours Urgent Repair

If your repair requires urgent attention after hours, please find below our emergency trades people’s contacts, which are also detailed on your Residential Tenancy Agreement.


Campbelltown Electrical – 0425 282 244


Alltech Glass – 0407 203 178


Atlas Locksmiths – 0410 412 722


Sydney Plumbing King – 0430 352 221

Storm / Weather Damage

State Emergency Service – 132 500

Please Note

If the repair occurred due to your fault as the tenant (as deemed by the tradesperson), you will be
required to reimburse the cost for the call-out fee and repair.

Should you make contact for a repair after hours, you are also required to contact your Property Manager within 24 hours to advise of the situation and arranged repair.

Unfortunately, damage caused by events such as thunderstorms (e.g. damaged roof) may not be able to be actioned immediately by the State Emergency Service. They will, however, be able to provide you with a temporary solution until the required repair can be carried out.